Rental Guidelines for CHAI Communities
To qualify for an apartment home at our CHAI communities, the following conditions must be met:
- At least one member of the household must be 62 years of age or older
- OR at least one member of the household must be 18 years of age or older with a disability
- All household members must fall within the income limits, as set forth by the Department of Housing and Urban Development for the year
- All household members must be U.S. Citizens or have CIS Resident Alien Certificates
Current Income Requirements:
- Income limit is $39,900 (or under) per year for a one-person household
- Income limit is $45,600 (or under) per year for a two-person household
Please note that income requirements vary among our properties.
Weinberg Park, our Assisted Living Facility, does not have income or age restrictions.
- Apartment rents are determined by the requirements of each community, the unit type and your income.
The rental rates for Weinberg Park reflect the cost for assisted care. Please feel free to contact Weinberg Park if you need an Assisted Living Facility.
Wait List Requirements:
- Application for Residency. Print applications from this website or we will be happy to supply you with an application by mail or in person.
- Contact any of our properties for an appointment! We will guide you through the application process.
Application Requirements when a unit is available for you:
- Current Social Security, Pension, Employment and/or Veterans’ Statement (if applicable)
- Birth Certificate or Passport
- Social Security Card or Passport
- Picture Identification Card
- Statements for the following: 1) Current savings account, 2) Six months’ worth of checking accounts, 3) IRA and Money Market Accounts and 4) House Assessment
- If you are not a U.S. Citizen, we will need copies of your current CIS Resident Alien Certificate
The list of required documents is not necessarily all-inclusive and additional documentation may be requested upon review of your application.
The Resident Selection Criteria is available for review by applicants